At first glance, it may seem that our favourite celebrities always remain healthy. But take away their fame, and celebrities are just regular people who face the same problems as us – even infertility. These celebs, however, do have the power and platform to talk about their struggles and raise awareness for people who may not have the same resources to deal with the condition, which affects innumerable couples. Kim Kardashian, Beyoncè and Chrissy Teigen are some of the celebs who also faced fertility issues during their pregnancy and have been pretty vocal about it too!
Infertility may seem like a rare phenomenon, but it is more common than you may realise. The statistics show that one in every seven heterosexual couples is affected by infertility issues.
Which celebrities can’t have children?
The presence of fame and financial stability doesn’t guarantee health. Fertility issues can happen to any couple or individual and may impact both emotional and physical wellbeing. The good news is that there are countless celebrities that have gone through fertility treatment and are leading happy lives. Kourtney Kardashian, Courtney Cox, and Nicole Kidman are just a few leading ladies who couldn’t have children, but that didn’t stop them from starting a family.
The most common fertility problems
You might be wondering what are the most common fertility issues that you should be worried about? Well, firstly, you can take a breath and relax. The majority of fertility problems can be treated effectively.. However, this being said, it’s still important to be aware of the factors that can affect your fertility and can impact your chances of conceiving. Here are some of the most common factors::
- Biological problems with male/female reproductive systems
- Your age
- Weight issues (whether you are under or overweight)
- Autoimmune diseases
- Unhealthy lifestyle choices
- Unregulated diet
- Addiction (alcohol, smoking, drugs)
- Hormone imbalance
Infertility treatment: The celebrity route
Well, it is no more a surprise that the celebrities undergo similar fertility struggles as all of us. So, let’s look at how some of our favourite celebrities overcame their fertility woes and gave rise to mini stars:
- Kim Kardashian: During her first pregnancy of baby North, Kim got diagnosed with preeclampsia and was forced to take up surrogacy as her primary option during the birth of her second child.
- Chrissy Teigen: Chrissy Teigen has undergone IVF treatments multiple times in her life. Her first 2 children, Luna and Miles, were conceived via IVF and just a few weeks back, she announced the completion of her part of the IVF treatment for the birth of her third child.
- Courtney Cox: Courtney Cox is yet another celebrity who underwent fertility treatment to give birth to her baby. In 2004, Courtney with her then husband, David Arquette, underwent an IVF treatment to give birth to her daughter Coco.
How to cope with infertility when you aren’t a celebrity
Not all of us are celebrities with near unlimited funds, so how can you deal with fertility issues without having the same resources as celebs?
The answer is quite simple. There are multiple public and private fertility clinics around the UK, with doctors that specialise in solving fertility issues for normal people like us. These clinics help couples and individuals by providing the necessary solutions required to overcome infertility and assist in starting a new family.
There are also some lifestyle changes which you can do to improve your fertility:
- Exercise regularly
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Eat a balanced diet rich in nutrients
- Get adequate sleep
- Maintain proper hygiene
The above tips can help you increase your chance of getting pregnant. However, it is advisable to seek expert advice if you’ve been trying for 12 months without any success, or if you’ve experienced multiple miscarriages.